An Embarassment of Riches, The Versatile Blogger Award Returns…
Thanks to my dear blogging friends, I’ve been nominated 3 times for the Versatile Blogger Award: once in June by Jade and twice in September by Aurora of Aurora Morealist and by Jacqueline of Mature Student Hanging In There. “Thank you” seems inadequate, so might I say, “thank you, thank you, thank you!” Since my
clueless humble beginnings in June of this year, I feel comfortable in my ever-expanding, supportive network of creative contributors to this particular orbit of the blog-o-sphere.
When I first received the award, some of the rules were the same:
- Copy and paste the Award Image to your “Acceptance Post” (check).
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you (check).
- Disclose 7 random facts about yourself (check it out below).
- Notify the bloggers I nominate for this award so the award makes the rounds to the multitudes of versatile, creative voices I’ve “discovered” in my blogging escapades (will get right on that).
One rule has
exploded blossomed changed. The first award I received asked me to nominate seven (7) other bloggers. The most recent rules require 15. If Mr. Scott’s math drills had any affect on me at all, that’s double + 1, which equals a lot. I’m all about compromise and the “spirit of the rules” versus the “letter of the law.” So I’m nominating 10 bloggers. I’m also all about simplifying life as much as possible for everyone. Ten is a nice number, right?
Drum-roll, please. Here, in no particular order are my nominees for the September 22, 2011 Versatile Blogger Award. These bloggers make me laugh, think, and want to keep writing. Check them out. I’m glad I did.
Now for seven more random facts about me:
- I don’t “do” gluten, dairy, sugar (or any variety of sweetener), carbonated drinks, flesh, processed food, or caffeine. This means I subsist on good intentions, fresh fruits and veggies, difficult-to-pronounce grains, herbal tea, and rice cakes. I’m a very cheap date and look great in a swimsuit. Since I do this for my health, I’m surprisingly not cranky. You’ll have to take my word on that unless anyone who knows me personally would like to provide a testimonial…
- I never liked chocolate, not even as a child. My sisters loved me for this especially around Halloween. I would trade Snickers Bars for Candy Corn and think I was getting the better deal.
- While I consider myself as femme as the next fatale, I’m not a shopper. Designer shoes, clothes, purses–they all seem too expensive, uncomfortable, and/or impractical for me. I have a few fancy outfits, but I got them on “Clearance.” Fabric–well, that’s another matter altogether…
- You know, if you’ve followed my blog, that I’m a Highly Sensitive Person and Animal Communicator Extraordinaire. Well, add Ghost-Whisperer to the list. If you don’t believe me, stay tuned for a few stories near Halloween.
- I once thought that jumping out of an airplane was something I must do before I die. I now think jumping out of an airplane is the last thing I would do before I died…of heart failure. (Note: the plan always involved implicit trust in Parachute Packing Guy. Note, Note: I’m not the best judge of character. I implicitly trust everyone.)
- I’ve donated my body to science for two reasons: 1. I want medical students to say “Awesome!” when they zip open my body bag and see how well-preserved my 100-year old body is from not eating a damned thing for the last 50 years and; 2. the company that hauls my body away pays all end-of-life expenses, so whoever is left in my family only has to plan a party, settle the will, and do something creative with my cremains (like add water and make a pot). You’re welcome, Alex.
- When I was growing up, I really, really wanted a chimpanzee for a
palpet. That or a pig. I got a cat. But she was the family’s cat and I didn’t even get to name her. I’m such a Middle Child…
Now it’s time to pass the baton to those nominated above. Go out there and have fun with this award, you creative, versatile bloggers!
~ by Lorna's Voice on September 22, 2011.