Connectivity Interruptus. It’s a Dangerous Thing.
How, tell me, how is
an obsessed a passionate blogger supposed to cope with crappy abysmal unreliable internet service in a hotel? I’ve called the Front Desk. They told me to call a special Computer Magic Tech Number. It was magic. The whole time I was taking to Mr. Computer Magic, I had great connectivity. When I hung up, so did my computer.
I’m now on one of the “Guest Computers” in the lobby that the hotel kindly provides for people who:
- don’t have their own lap top because their company is cutting expenses
- forgot their lap top in the overhead compartment
- lost their lap top in some naughty hotel shenanigans during the “Electrical and Wiring Conference” (no kidding, it went on until after 9:00 PM last night)–must have been shocking!
- smashed their lap top and left it in their WIFI-less rooms
- like to talk to themselves while on the computer and have other people listen–there is a very confused man sitting next to me saying things like “What in the Sam Hill is goin’ on here?”, “Come on, Girl, we can do this.” and “Dag Blammit!” His wife must be napping in their room.
The keys on the keyboard are shiny and slippery. Why are the keys shiny and slippery? Isn’t there a movie coming out about germs? Please tell me it doesn’t start with a nice-looking blonde women in her
40s 50s whose immune system so compromised that she only eats organic vegetables, brown rice and herbal tea (and that’s on Thanksgiving) who is forced to use a public computer in a hotel lobby because the FREE wireless feels free to come and go as it pleases. Please don’t tell me that.
I feel the symptoms of something coming on…
- more typos than uhusal
- I can see my fingerprints on my fingers from keyborad goo
- unusally long sentences that make sense only if you read them over and over and over and over again
- continual repetition
- paranoia and a feeling that this hotel is out to get me, which it is–I know because people are staring at me because I been at this computer for over 3 housr and over 3 hours and people open and close the door around me, going out and in and in and out, just wondering what I’m doing here
Help me before I do a Medline Seacrch…